Jack rips through the Burnham batting
Lympsham bowler Jack Luff took 6-9 against Burnham in the Somerset County Sports Sunday League.
LYMPSHAM Sunday Development XI took on Burnham in the Somerset County Sports Sunday League.
After captain Tom Gooding loss the toss, Burnham got off to a great start with House and Ashford (19) putting on 59 before losing the first wicket. Harris (25) joined House and the pair took the Burnham score past 100 before a double bowling change produced a spectacular collapse.
Max Gregory (3-14) picked up the dangerous House for 47 and Nuts and Bolts man of the match Jack Luff ripped through the Burnham batting taking 6-9 with a fine display of pace bowling. A mention also to Tom Counsell who took four catches behind the stumps as Burnham finished on 121.
The Lympsham reply got off to a steady start with Rich Ford and Tom Counsell (14) seeing off the opening attack and adding 53 before Counsell was out. Ford (59) went on to complete a half century and nearly saw Lympsham home with Tom Gooding 20 not out.
You may also want to watch:
Gooding was joined by Felix Granfield (9 not out) who struck a couple of boundaries to see Lympsham home by eight wickets.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people