Jack scores maiden half-century for Belvedere
A maiden half-century by Jack Neville was not enough to stop Belvedere from defeat at North Newton.Jack
BELVEDERE travelled to North Newton, who had first use of an excellent batting wicket.
Opening bowlers Sam Mccrea and Paul Davis bowled accurately, testing Barrington and Jenkins until the former was caught behind off Mccrea with the score on 40.
The innings was then dominated by Jenkins and Stone taking the score onto 194 until Stone was bowled by Kevin Crockett.
The home side added late runs although Mccrea returned to the attack to bag three more victims to finish with 4-49 as North Newton closed on 274-8. Other wickets fell to Neil Chadwick (3-88) and Crockett (1-71).
You may also want to watch:
Belvedere responded well with Crockett and Mccrea adding 52 before Mccrea fell for 25. Crockett followed soon after for 31 and a mini collapse followed to leave Belvedere on 95-6.
There then followed possibly the highlight of the season as Eurocams joint man of the match Jack Neville and Rob Huish took the home sides bowling apart, adding an outstanding 96 in only 12 overs.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Neville drove aggressively and Huish cut anything short with gusto. Neville (60) reached his maiden first team half century and Huish (43) his highest score as Belvedere closed on 212-8, Neville striking 10 fours and a six.