Jack scores midweek century
Jack Luff helped Lympsham Airways to 194-1 by scoring exactly 100.
LYMPSHAM Airways posted an impressive 194-1 against NK Sports in Division 1 of the Weston Midweek Proper Job 20/20 League.
Jack Luff scored exactly a 100 and Craig Scrivens weighed in with 78 not out. Chris Davidson contributed 43 in reply, but the Sports fell 51 runs short.
The Strollers commenced their season with an eight wicket win over Locking Castle. Del Pople with 20 and Wiggs with 29 helped Locking to 119-6 before 54 not out from Simon Green and 39 from P Miller eased the Strollers home.
In Division 2, Colin Fowler starred with the bat for the Presidents making 25 out of a modest total of 88. Parpagon Carriers reply was already in tatters before Steve Price claimed two wickets for a single run to dismiss them for just 31.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Coleman scored 58 and D Barnes 33 in Athletico’s innings of 120-4. Simon Cattermole scored 55, but Mark’s reply fell just four runs short.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery