James back in action
- Credit: Archant
Motocross rider James Dodd returned to action in Devon, after last season was ruined through injury.
MOTOCROSS rider James Dodd returned to action after last season was ruined through injury.
The 23-year-old from Winscombe raced for the newly-formed TwoNineTwo Honda team at the opening round of the 2013 Premier MX series, held at Whiteway Barton in Devon.
A tentative start saw James only qualify in 18th place, but he was showing no signs of the injuries from last year and his confidence was beginning to build again.
A good start in the opening race of the day saw James in and around the edge of the top 10 throughout, but he was unfortunate to lose two places on the final lap after getting stuck behind a lapped rider, to cross the finish line in 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Buoyed on by his opening race result, James got a similar start in race two, but soon forced his way up into eighth. He made up one more place, but lost two in the closing stages, to finish in ninth.
In the third and final race of the day, James started just outside of the top 10, but he slipped back into 14th position. He battled hard to pick up two places in the final few laps to finish 12th.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
This was a pleasing debut for the TwoNineTwo Honda team after eight months out of action. James and the team head to Preston this coming weekend for the British Masters MX and would like to thank local sponsors AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Winscombe Fish Bar, Chris Brown and AdeMX for their help in 2013.