James doubles his tally for the season
- Credit: Archant
James Dodd doubled his points tally in the latest round of the British Motocross Championship.
JAMES Dodd headed north last weekend with the TwoNineTwo Honda Motocross team to compete in round seven of the British Motocross Championship at Hawkstone Park in Shropshire.
With Hawkstone’s sand-based circuit being notoriously difficult and unforgiving, James was 25th in qualifying.
Race one started in the worst possible fashion as James crashed on the opening turn. Remounting in last, he managed to claim an 18th placed finish, giving him three points.
A clean start in race two saw James just outside the top 20 in the opening stages, but despite a clutch problem, he managed to finish 19th and two points at the finish.
You may also want to watch:
With not enough time to fix the clutch and no spare available, James went out for race three and found his way up into 19th. A red flag came out bringing a halt to the proceedings after a rider needed medical treatment, meaning that results would stand from the lap before, leaving James with a 22nd place finish
Although James was pleased to score five points and double his tally for the season, he still went away a little disappointed, and with one round of this championship remaining he now lies in 40th place.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston