James doubles his tally for the season
- Credit: Archant
James Dodd doubled his points tally in the latest round of the British Motocross Championship.
JAMES Dodd headed north last weekend with the TwoNineTwo Honda Motocross team to compete in round seven of the British Motocross Championship at Hawkstone Park in Shropshire.
With Hawkstone’s sand-based circuit being notoriously difficult and unforgiving, James was 25th in qualifying.
Race one started in the worst possible fashion as James crashed on the opening turn. Remounting in last, he managed to claim an 18th placed finish, giving him three points.
A clean start in race two saw James just outside the top 20 in the opening stages, but despite a clutch problem, he managed to finish 19th and two points at the finish.
You may also want to watch:
With not enough time to fix the clutch and no spare available, James went out for race three and found his way up into 19th. A red flag came out bringing a halt to the proceedings after a rider needed medical treatment, meaning that results would stand from the lap before, leaving James with a 22nd place finish
Although James was pleased to score five points and double his tally for the season, he still went away a little disappointed, and with one round of this championship remaining he now lies in 40th place.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston