James finishes in the beach race top 10
- Credit: Archant
Sandford’s James Dodd finished seventh in the main Weston Beach Race.
SANDFORD’S James Dodd became the first true local rider to score a top 10 finish in the main Weston Beach Race, with a fantastic seventh place aboard his Team TwoNineTwo Honda.
Being seeded before the event by the organizers RHL was a great start as that put James near the front of the 400+ riders entered from the off, and he circulated the opening lap in the mid-20s.
As he made his first of two pit stops just before the hour mark, he was on the edge of the top 15 and another good stint during the second hour saw him climb to 11th as he pitted to refuel and get clean goggles.
Leaving the pits with one hour 10 minutes remaining, James pushed himself up into the top 10, and as time ticked on he was continuing his progress and found himself up into eighth as the race entered its final half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
He gained himself another place soon after and now was at the head of a fairly tight group to stay in the top 10. Making it round the last lap literally on nothing but fumes, he claimed seventh position after completing 21 laps of the gruelling course.
James would like to thank his loyal sponsors, Absolute Plastering Services, AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Factory Touch, DML Services, Winscombe Fish Bar and AdeMX Photography.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 New school welcomes its first pupils
Special thanks to mum, dad and Tara for helping to make racing possible and to all his friends and family for their continued support.