James finishes second on the day
- Credit: Archant
Motocross rider James Dodd enjoyed a good day in Wiltshire, finishing second overall on the day.
WINSCOMBE’S James Dodd and the TwoNineTwo Honda motocross team headed to Marshfield in Wiltshire for the sixth round of the Premier MX Championship.
With a track that suited James’ style, he was hopeful of some good results and he did not fail to disappoint from the off, leading the qualifying session until only a few minutes from the end before being just pipped to the fastest lap time by the championship leader by 0.3 seconds.
Race one started with James in fourth early on, but by the time he got into third spot, the two leaders were off in the distance, so James rode a safe race to bag third place.
Race two saw James this time in third from the off, but the speed of the same leading duo as race one was relentless and James was not able to keep pace, so opted to take another easy third.
You may also want to watch:
The third and final race of the day saw James save his best for last, even though he got his worst start of the day, sitting in fifth early on. He was soon on the move and was in an epic battle for second.
After moving into second spot, time ran out and James crossed the finish only a few seconds behind.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Overall, it was an excellent day for James and the team as they took second on the day, and jumped from seventh to fourth in the Expert Championship standings.
Big thanks go to the team sponsors: County Flat Roofing, AT Motocross, Winscombe Fish Bar, Factory Touch and AdeMX Photography for all their help and support.