James finishes second on the day
- Credit: Archant
Motocross rider James Dodd enjoyed a good day in Wiltshire, finishing second overall on the day.
WINSCOMBE’S James Dodd and the TwoNineTwo Honda motocross team headed to Marshfield in Wiltshire for the sixth round of the Premier MX Championship.
With a track that suited James’ style, he was hopeful of some good results and he did not fail to disappoint from the off, leading the qualifying session until only a few minutes from the end before being just pipped to the fastest lap time by the championship leader by 0.3 seconds.
Race one started with James in fourth early on, but by the time he got into third spot, the two leaders were off in the distance, so James rode a safe race to bag third place.
Race two saw James this time in third from the off, but the speed of the same leading duo as race one was relentless and James was not able to keep pace, so opted to take another easy third.
You may also want to watch:
The third and final race of the day saw James save his best for last, even though he got his worst start of the day, sitting in fifth early on. He was soon on the move and was in an epic battle for second.
After moving into second spot, time ran out and James crossed the finish only a few seconds behind.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Overall, it was an excellent day for James and the team as they took second on the day, and jumped from seventh to fourth in the Expert Championship standings.
Big thanks go to the team sponsors: County Flat Roofing, AT Motocross, Winscombe Fish Bar, Factory Touch and AdeMX Photography for all their help and support.