James makes the top 10
- Credit: Archant
Motocross rider James Dodd sits in 10th place in the British Masters MX competition.
AFTER a week off from racing, James Dodd and the TwoNineTwo Honda team made the relatively short trip from Winscombe to Foxhill, near Swindon, for round two of the British Masters MX.
Race one saw James get an excellent start as he rounded the opening corners in a top five position, but as the race went on and quicker riders came through from the back and James began to slip down the order, eventually going on to take 15th.
Race two saw James get a good start and he was sitting comfortably just outside of the top 10 until just past the midway stage when a rider came into a corner out of control and used James to stop.
Lucky to escape injury, James remounted his bike, which had some minor damage from the incident, recomposed himself and got back going again. He managed to make a few passes and get himself up into 16th by the time the finish flag was raised.
You may also want to watch:
Results on the day gave James 15th overall and he now sits in 10th in the Pro MX1 class championship standings.
Team TwoNineTwo Honda also had supported rider Anthony Milliar from Congresbury in action at the event, competing as a wildcard in the Amateur Pirelli MX1 class.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 5 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
He came away with third overall after scoring himself two third place finishes, a fourth and a fantastic race win after making a pass for the lead into the last corner.
The team wishes to thank AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Winscombe Fish Bar, Chris Brown and AdeMX for their sponsorship.