James moves up a place
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe motocross rider James Dodd moved up a places after a series of races in Kent.
JAMES Dodd and the TwoNineTwo Honda Motocross team from Winscombe headed east to Canada Heights near Swanley in Kent, for the latest round of the Red Bull Pro Nationals Championship.
After a ninth overall at the previous round, James was looking for another good result to improve on his standing of 12th in the Pro MX1 class.
Qualifying saw James struggle a little and he came out of it with the 17th fastest lap time.
James got a great start in race one and was fifth into the first turn, but got caught up behind a multi-rider crash, eventually finishing 15th.
You may also want to watch:
By the end of the first lap in race two, James was near the back again and a fall a lap later saw he virtually last, but he quickly gained his composure and by the end of the race, he was again in 15th place.
In the final race, he got squeezed out around the opening few turns and found himself in around 20th. James had got himself up into 13th place by the time the finish flag was raised.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
Coming away with 14th overall was a little worse than hoped for, but James’ haul of 20 points has seen him gain a place to now lie in 11th place in the championship.
Thanks to all the teams sponsors for their continued support, especially County Flat Roofing, AT Motocross, Winscombe Fish Bar, Factory Touch and AdeMX Photography.