James moves up to eight position
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe’s James Dodd moved up to eighth position in the Premier MX Championship after his latest results.
WINSCOMBE’S James Dodd competed in round three of this year’s Premier MX Championship, looking to build on his 10th place in the expert class standings.
The event was held at Crediton, on a circuit which suited James’s style and in qualifying he set the 10th fastest time, his best qualification of the season so far.
Heading into the opening race of three, James was confident of a decent finish and he backed his confidence up with a sixth place. Race two also went quite well, James was in fifth early on, but was unfortunate to lose a few places as the race went on, finishing in eighth.
James got his best start of the day in the third and final race and was battling right at the front in the early stages, but it all went wrong when another rider got too close and crashed straight into James and knocked him off.
You may also want to watch:
James remounted his Team TwoNineTwo Honda, but struggled to get the bike restarted, eventually rejoining the race a lap down on the leaders, but he still fought on and took a 20th placed finish.
Results on the day put James eighth overall, and he now has moved up to eighth in the championship standings.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
James would like to thank local companies AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Winscombe Fish Bar, Chris Brown and AdeMX for their sponsorship.