James moves up to eight position
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe’s James Dodd moved up to eighth position in the Premier MX Championship after his latest results.
WINSCOMBE’S James Dodd competed in round three of this year’s Premier MX Championship, looking to build on his 10th place in the expert class standings.
The event was held at Crediton, on a circuit which suited James’s style and in qualifying he set the 10th fastest time, his best qualification of the season so far.
Heading into the opening race of three, James was confident of a decent finish and he backed his confidence up with a sixth place. Race two also went quite well, James was in fifth early on, but was unfortunate to lose a few places as the race went on, finishing in eighth.
James got his best start of the day in the third and final race and was battling right at the front in the early stages, but it all went wrong when another rider got too close and crashed straight into James and knocked him off.
You may also want to watch:
James remounted his Team TwoNineTwo Honda, but struggled to get the bike restarted, eventually rejoining the race a lap down on the leaders, but he still fought on and took a 20th placed finish.
Results on the day put James eighth overall, and he now has moved up to eighth in the championship standings.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
James would like to thank local companies AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Winscombe Fish Bar, Chris Brown and AdeMX for their sponsorship.