James reaches the top 10
- Credit: Archant
James Dodd returned to racing in Cornwall and recorded a 10th place finish.
AFTER last weekend’s cancellation due to the weather of the British Championship second round, Winscombe’s James Dodd returned to racing at the Fraddon race track near Newquay.
James and the TwoNineTwo Honda Team were hoping for top 10 results in the day’s three expert class races, but things did not go to plan for the 23-year-old.
Starting the first race in midpack, his goggles were broken after being hit by a wayward rock forcing him to make a pit stop for new ones. He rejoined the race but 16th was the best he could salvage by the finish.
Race two saw James in 11th at the midpoint, but a crash saw him drop back down to 15th, eventually finishing 13th despite a puncture.
You may also want to watch:
Race three went a little better, James was just outside the top 10 from the start. He fought well and was rewarded with two passes in the latter stages of the race to claim a 10th place finish.
James now lies in 10th in the Expert Class Championship with eyes on pushing towards the top five.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
As always he would like to thank AT Motocross, County Flat Roofing, Winscombe Fish Bar, Chris Brown and AdeMX for their sponsorship, and also give a special mention to Team TwoNineTwo supported rider Anthony Milliar from Congresbury, who took two race wins in the junior championship at the event after a suffering a big crash earlier in the day.