James retains fourth spot
Motocross rider James Dodd retained fourth place in the Premier MX Championships.
WINSCOMBE’S James Dodd and the TwoNineTwo Honda Motocross team were in race action at Garlands Moor near Okehampton for the latest round of the Premier MX Championships.
After a second overall finish at the previous round, James was looking for another podium finish but it wasn’t quite to be as he was hampered by poor starts all day.
Race one saw James build his way up into the top 10 and managed to pass the seventh-placed rider to finish sixth.
Race two was a similar affair from the start, but this time James found his way up into sixth earlier on, crossing the finish right behind fifth after being unable to make a pass.
You may also want to watch:
The third and final race saw James fight his way up to seventh. As the race passed its halfway stage, James settled for fifth place.
With sixth overall on the day, James retains his fourth place in the championship with three rounds remaining, although the points gap to third has increased,
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 10 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset
As always, James and the team would like to thank County Flat Roofing, AT Motocross, Winscombe Fish Bar, Factory Touch and AdeMX Photography for all their help and support.