James shows good speed at beach race
LAST Sunday’s Weston beach race started in the worst possible way for Winscombe’s James Dodd as his bike failed to start before the race.
After a run to the pit area, a faulty spark plug was diagnosed as the problem and his pit crew rushed to fix the problem.
By the time the bike was repaired and James got on his way, many of the leaders were well on their way round the three mile long track for a second time, effectively putting James a lap down.
Completing his first lap in 314th position, James was showing good speed with laps times replicating those of riders in the top 10, and he was rapidly moving up the standings.
His pace continued throughout the race and by the time the leader took the chequered flag to finish the three hour race, James had made it into 20th position, which pleased him as it is his best ever finish at the event.
You may also want to watch:
James would like to thank his sponsors, MotoXtreme, AdeMX Photography, White’s Transport Services, Winscombe Fish Bar, Davies and Pilcher, CBR and Living Colour Tattoo, and the support from Mum, Dad and Tara.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse