James takes top spot
James Dodd took the top spot in the recent South West Masters motocross championship.
WITH a break in the national motocross championship racing schedules, Winscombe’s James Dodd opted to race in the South West Masters championship last weekend at Little Silver near Exeter.
As race one got underway, James grabbed the lead into the first turn but was passed and dropped to third.
James fought back and caught the two riders ahead of him with two laps to go. With just a quarter of a lap to go, James got down the inside on a corner to take the lead and go on to take a memorable race win.
Another fine start in race two again saw James take the lead from the off. He was comfortable enough at the front and he took a start-to-finish win.
You may also want to watch:
Race three saw James get away fifth, but he was soon showing the pace that had taken him to the opening two race wins. He moved up to second and set about chasing the leader.
James caught the leader with two laps to go and as they entered the start of the final lap, he crashed but was soon back on the bike and although the handlebars were twisted he rode on to take second place, but he secured the overall victory on the day, much to the delight of his travelling supporters and fiancee Tara.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people