Jamie’s century in vain
Lympsham’s huge total of 295-3 proved too small as they lost to Bristol Sri Lankans.
LYMPSHAM lost the toss and Bristol Sri Lankans invited the home side to bat first.
Opener Rich Ford soon stroked three boundaries, but was caught and bowled for 14 soon after. Jamie Howson’s first six scoring shots all went to the boundary, but with the score on 103 Jason Parsons was adjudged lbw for 31.
Dave Luff joined Howson and together they set about the bowling. Howson cruised to a brilliant century before being caught at cover having added 116 runs with Luff.
Tom Gooding and Luff then added a further 76 runs to amass a fantastic 295-3. Luff finished on a stylish 78 not out.
You may also want to watch:
After tea, Lympsham’s weakened bowling attack struggled to contain the Sri Lankan batsmen. Only Jack Luff stood out with a mature opening spell of 3-48 runs off his 12 overs. But once out of the attack, runs flowed enabling the Sri Lankans to achieve their target in the 39th over for the loss of only three wickets.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 5 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
R Ford c & b Broomfield 14
J Parsons lbw Gunarathna 31
J Howson c Broomfield b Kadithuwakku 120
D Luff not out 78
T Gooding not out 23
Total (3 wkts) 295
Bowling: S Pilgrim 10-0-80-0; J Luff 12-2-48-3; T Gooding 8-0-59-0; J Howson 7.1-0-58-0; M Hancorn 2-0-30-0.