Jamie wins for a second time
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Moray won the last event of the South West Pool Tour, held at Allstars Sports Bar in Weston.
THE South West Pool Tour re-visited Allstars Sports Bar in Weston for the last event of the first series.
The top three ranked players again featured in the last 16. A stunning performance in the final by Jamie Moray (Stroud) against Oly Bale (Bridgwater) in the best of nine thriller.
With a difference of £750 in prize money, this was a time for maximum concentration. Quick fire clearances from both players ensured it was all over in a flash, with Jamie winning 5-3, the first player to win two tours.
Another first was both finalists had lost in the earlier part of the tournament, but won through the extra matches, making the most of the double eliminator system.
You may also want to watch:
While presenting the £1,000 prize money and trophy, Richard Broady (Vauxhall Drive), thanked all players, tour organisers and venues for making this series so successful.
There are no places on the next series next year such is the demand and the tour already has a waiting list of 20 players.
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend