Jamie wins for a second time
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Moray won the last event of the South West Pool Tour, held at Allstars Sports Bar in Weston.
THE South West Pool Tour re-visited Allstars Sports Bar in Weston for the last event of the first series.
The top three ranked players again featured in the last 16. A stunning performance in the final by Jamie Moray (Stroud) against Oly Bale (Bridgwater) in the best of nine thriller.
With a difference of £750 in prize money, this was a time for maximum concentration. Quick fire clearances from both players ensured it was all over in a flash, with Jamie winning 5-3, the first player to win two tours.
Another first was both finalists had lost in the earlier part of the tournament, but won through the extra matches, making the most of the double eliminator system.
You may also want to watch:
While presenting the £1,000 prize money and trophy, Richard Broady (Vauxhall Drive), thanked all players, tour organisers and venues for making this series so successful.
There are no places on the next series next year such is the demand and the tour already has a waiting list of 20 players.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases