Jason hit undefeated midweek century
Jason Parsons hit an undefeated century for Lympsham in their match against East Huntspill.
IN DIVISION 1 of the Weston Midweek League, Jason Parsons scored an undefeated 110 as Lympsham Airways enjoyed a 95-run win over East Huntspill.
Jason’s innings enabled the Airways to post 198-6 with Jon Picton taking 3-41. Steve Eley made 68 in reply, but Tom Gooding took 4-9 as Huntspill were all out for 103.
Against the Bar Stewards, Huntspill enjoyed a change of fortune with a 19-run victory. Batting first they were indebted to Jon Picton who scored 55 out of a total of 128-9. N Chatterjei top scored with 33 not out as the Stewards were all out for 109, with Paul Ball claiming 4-10 off his five overs.
In the cup, Dave Luff continued his fine start to the season with 72 as Lympsham Airways made 192-5, with Hayden Tuttiett adding 55. The Strollers made a good start in their reply with Simon Green making 55, but they were eventually dismissed for 130 with Craig Scrivens adding a stunning catch to his return of 3-33.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Long with 26 and Sam Hayward with 26 not out were the main scorers for Parpagon Carriers in their total of 125-6. The Windsor Castle’s reply was based around an outstanding innings from Jermaine Jones, who included eight sixes in his 72 not out. Matt Kearsey weighed in with 31 not out as the Windsor won by seven wickets.
In Division 2, in the first of two meetings between Cleeve Ducks and the Presidents, it was the Presidents who took the honours with a nine wicket win. Paul Gadsen scored an undefeated 55 as the Ducks made 132-4, before Pete Hooper led the reply with 63 as the Presidents made light work of reaching their target.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
The second encounter proved to a much closer affair. The Presidents batted first with S Neate making 28 and Dave Holland top scoring with 32 as they totalled 128-3, with Owen taking 2-29.
H Wiseman made 33 and S Wigley 20 in reply, but some miserly bowling from M McCarthy 1-3 off one over, Rogerson, 1-10 off four overs and CJ Neate, four overs for just 15 runs, kept the Ducks in check as they just failed to get home with the game ended in a tie.
W Btg Bwl Pts
Lympsham 2 20 20 52
East Huntspill 1 20 22 48
Strollers 1 10 10 26
Bar Stewards 0 13 11 24
Windsor Castle 0 13 11 23
Athletico 0 7 3 10
P/Carriers 2 20 18 50
Presidents 1 26 11 46
Cleeve 0 25 5 33