Jason hits a century in last league game
Lympsham batsman Jason Parsons scored a century in the club’s last league match of the season.
LYMPSHAM hosted St George in their last league game of the season and captain Jack Luff lost the toss and was asked to bat first.
Lympsham got off to a solid start with Lympsham Concrete man of the match Jason Parsons and Rod Simpson putting on 56 before Simpson was caught. This brought the Jamie Howson to the crease, who put on another 44 with Parsons before Howson was lbw.
With Tom Gooding now joining Parsons, who had now moved into the 90s, the pair put on another solid partnership with Parsons reaching his century in the 32nd over. Parsons was eventually removed for a superb 112 which included 14 fours and four sixes.
Gooding (53) was now joined by captain Luff (20), and together took advantage of the last few overs to take Lympsham to a competitive 240-7 off their 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
After tea, Lympsham took to the field with opening bowlers Simon Pilgrim and Simon Cowgill bowling tightly, with Cowgill picking up both openers.
Runs became hard to find with some great fielding and tight bowling, with Cowgill finishing with figures of 7-3-10-2 and Pilgrim 11-7-14-0.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 5 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
The introduction of Andy Russ and Adam Micklewright started to rip through the middle order with Russ picking up three wickets and Micklewright one. The spin of Luff and Gooding wrapped up the innings with Luff taking one wicket and Gooding the last two wickets in his first over as the visitors were bowled out for 126.
Lympsham CC would like to thank everyone for supporting the club this season and especially at our skittle weekend.
R Simpson c b Britton 5
J Parsons c&b Prattley 112
J Howson lbw Underhill 9
T Gooding b Underhill 53
J Luff b Prattley 20
R Ford not out 11
B Summers b Underhill 2
S Pilgrim b Prattley 1
A Russ not out 1
Total (7 wkts) 240
Bowling: S Pilgrim 11-7-14-0; S Cowgill 7-3-10-2; B Summers 7-2-27-0; A Russ 7-2-21-3; A Micklewright 6-0-18-1; J Luff 3-0-16-1; T Gooding 0.5-0-0-2.