Jodie taking on the boys in British mini bike championships
- Credit: Archant
Priory School pupil Jodie Fieldhouse is taking on the boys in the British FAB Racing Mini Bike Championships.
FIFTEEN-year-old Jodie Fieldhouse is taking on the boys in the British FAB Racing Mini Bike Championships.
The Priory School pupil began riding a mini moto on the Cheddar karting track last year just for a fun thing to do. It quickly became apparent she had quite a talent for it and was getting lots of interest.
She soon wanted a faster, better bike and to ride on outdoor tracks as well as indoor and found out about the FAB British Mini Bike Championship. Attending a couple of their meetings towards the end of last season further enhanced her amazing talent.
Jodie’s 10-year-old second had mini moto was not good enough to give her a chance to compete successfully, so she acquired a Metrakit GP 70 at the end of last season. She only got to ride it once at the end of last year before it was stripped, repainted and rebuilt through the winter. She only had time to have a couple more short practices on it before going to a track week with Fab racing in Spain, where they are given tuition and track time for five days straight.
You may also want to watch:
During the week, Jodie knocked a whole 10 seconds off of her lap time as she was improving so fast. At a fun qualifying and race session, she qualified fourth and came fourth overall, not bad considering she was up against boys who have all been riding for several years and this is the first time she has ridden a geared bike.
Jodie has now been encouraged to get her racing licence and onto bigger bikes, but will probably be for next season.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
She is competing in the first round of the British FAB Racing Mini Bike Championships this weekend at the Llandow circuit in South Wales.
She has called herself Go Pink Racing and will be racing under the number 18 for the whole season.