John returns at Donington Park
- Credit: Archant
Motorcycle racer John Mathewson returned to action at the Donington Park circuit.
STREETSTOCKS Yamaha rider, John Mathewson, has bounced back after a big ‘high side’ on lap two of qualifying at Castle Combe in June which put an end to the weekend.
Following an extensive rebuild, he took to the Donington Park circuit for round eight and nine with North Gloucester Road Racing Club. Weather conditions were perfect and with a fresh set of tyres fitted, managed a solid 16th place in qualifying.
His two races in the Streetstocks allowed him better placing in the results, finishing 12th in race one and a much-improved eighth in race two. This takes him up to 18th position of 29 in the series.
The team will take a break until the final meeting at Thruxton on October 11th.
You may also want to watch:
More information regarding upcoming meetings or sponsorship opportunities can be found on his Facebook group - Team Griffin Racing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences