John returns at Donington Park
- Credit: Archant
Motorcycle racer John Mathewson returned to action at the Donington Park circuit.
STREETSTOCKS Yamaha rider, John Mathewson, has bounced back after a big ‘high side’ on lap two of qualifying at Castle Combe in June which put an end to the weekend.
Following an extensive rebuild, he took to the Donington Park circuit for round eight and nine with North Gloucester Road Racing Club. Weather conditions were perfect and with a fresh set of tyres fitted, managed a solid 16th place in qualifying.
His two races in the Streetstocks allowed him better placing in the results, finishing 12th in race one and a much-improved eighth in race two. This takes him up to 18th position of 29 in the series.
The team will take a break until the final meeting at Thruxton on October 11th.
You may also want to watch:
More information regarding upcoming meetings or sponsorship opportunities can be found on his Facebook group - Team Griffin Racing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation