John’s good results in a mixed weekend
- Credit: Archant
John Mathewson enjoyed a mixed weekend in his latest meeting in the NG Racing Series.
MOTOR cycle racer John Mathewson returned from Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire, with further success after a bad start to the weekend in the NG Racing Series.
A crash on Saturday, in changeable conditions, put John at back of the grid for the main race. With weather conditions again making tyre choice challenging, he battled back to finish 16th.
Sunday started with a great result. In the open class newcomers’ race, he ended with a fifth place finish.
Starting from the third row of the grid for the final Streetstock race, an incorrect wet tyre choice on what turned out to be a dry track, made consistent lap times difficult. John rode a solid race to secure a ninth place finish, ending a mixed weekend with some good results.
You may also want to watch:
The next round will take the team to Castle Combe, Wiltshire, on June 21-22. More information regarding upcoming meetings or sponsorship opportunities can be found on his Facebook group - Team Griffin Racing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences