John’s good results in a mixed weekend
- Credit: Archant
John Mathewson enjoyed a mixed weekend in his latest meeting in the NG Racing Series.
MOTOR cycle racer John Mathewson returned from Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire, with further success after a bad start to the weekend in the NG Racing Series.
A crash on Saturday, in changeable conditions, put John at back of the grid for the main race. With weather conditions again making tyre choice challenging, he battled back to finish 16th.
Sunday started with a great result. In the open class newcomers’ race, he ended with a fifth place finish.
Starting from the third row of the grid for the final Streetstock race, an incorrect wet tyre choice on what turned out to be a dry track, made consistent lap times difficult. John rode a solid race to secure a ninth place finish, ending a mixed weekend with some good results.
You may also want to watch:
The next round will take the team to Castle Combe, Wiltshire, on June 21-22. More information regarding upcoming meetings or sponsorship opportunities can be found on his Facebook group - Team Griffin Racing or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted