Joint boxing tournament at Hutton Moor
- Credit: Archant
Weston oxing Club along with Weston Warriors Boxing Club is holding a joint open boxing tournament at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre
WESTON Boxing Club along with Weston Warriors Boxing Club is holding a joint open boxing tournament at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on Saturday (April 6).
They are looking to host up to 20 contests, all involving boxers from the local region, from ages 10 to 38. There will be a skills contest involving 10-year-old Jiley Lamb and also several junior competitive contests including 12-year-olds Terry Price, Scott Davey, Wesley Williams and Wallace Attwell.
Fourteen-year-olds Red Mahon, Sam Higgins and Dan Trueman, as well as 15-year-old Silas Price and Bradley Warwick are also in action.
Seniors Oliver Giddings, Lewis Hunt, Richard Jackson, Ashley Holder, Tom Harris, Tom Lyons, Alan Norman and female Coral Forde are also on the bill. There is also a masters contest involving 38-year-old Chris Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Entry on the door is £12 for adults and £6 for under-14s and OAPs, there will be concessions made for families on the door. The boxing starts at 7.15pm. For further details, contact John Cleary on 07786 371164.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released