Jones finishes one short of his century
Belvedere batsman Jermaine Jones finished on 99 not out as his team beat Middlezoy.
BELVEDERE travelled to Middlezoy and having won the toss elected to bowl first in overcast conditions.
Matt Cornish and Joe Gadd showed excellent control early on resulting in Cornish (1-55) bowling Troman for one. The introduction of Jack Gadd had an immediate effect as he bowled the dangerous Barnard for 20 and then had Lacey well caught by Crockett.
Venning (68) played second fiddle to Musgrave (63) as the score pushed onto 180 before Rob Watts removed both in quick succession as Hancock and Joe Gadd took fine catches as Middlezoy reached 223-7.
Belvedere soon lost Seale and Neil Chadwick and Jermaine Jones looked to rebuild the innings and took the score to 92 in the 18th over when Chadwick (36) was run out backing up.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Gadd joined Jones and put together a faultless partnership. The star of the show however was Jones who ended up on 99 not out including one six and 12 fours as he guided Belvedere home to victory.
In a fine all-round team performance Belvedere picked up 32 valuable points and can look forward to facing top of the table Wellington next week. W-s-M Auto Electricals man of the match went to Jermaine Jones.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
M Troman b Cornish 1
S Venning c Hancock b Watts 68
N Barnard b Jack Gadd 20
J Lacey c Crockett b Jack Gadd 6
G Musgrave c Joe Gadd b Watts62
D Beal c Jack Gadd b Ashfield25
M Snell c Crockett b Watts10
G White not out 1
Total (7 wkts) 223
Bowling: M Cornish 12-3-55-1; Joe Gadd 10-1-35-0; Jack Gadd 9-1-43-2; N Chadwick 6-1-41-0; R Watts 6-0-21-3; B Ashfield 2-0-17-1.
N Chadwick run out 36
J Seale lbw Barnard 4
J Jones not out 99
Joe Gadd not out 48
Total (2 wkts) 226
BELVEDERE entertained Weston 3rds in a local derby in the Somerset Minor Cup and recorded an eight-wicket victory.
Taylor (2-30), McCrea (1-16), Broadhead (1-16), Ashfield (1-15) and Jack Gadd took the wickets as Weston finished on 122-6. Blamire (23) and Humphrey (20) top scored for Weston.
In reply, Belvedere lost Chadwick (15) and McCrea (8) to leave Belvedere 32-2, but Joe Gadd (45) and Jermaine Jones (48) saw Belvedee to victory in the 15th over.