Jonny wins his first world kickboxing title
- Credit: Archant
Jonny Para won his first WFA Professional World Kickboxing title at an event held in Bristol.
JONNY Para took his first WFA Professional World Kickboxing title at the Best of Bristol event held in Knowle in Bristol.
Para showed unbelievable skill in this fight against a worthy opponent from France as he worked his opponent out in the first round and showed his maturity as a fighter.
His opponent had excellent kicking skills and was a fast and a tricky contender. Para took his time and in the second round caught him in the ribs with a well-executed spinning back kick, his opponent dropping for an eight count.
Within a minute, Para took his opportunity and finished him with an array of head shots including kicks and punches as his opponent dropped for the second time and it was all over, the referee stopping the bout in the second round.
You may also want to watch:
This has been a six-year journey for Para and his team and he would like to thank his coach and trainer Ian Simpson from Centurions Kickboxing for all his hard work over the years and his manager Michael O’Connor at Highlander Kickboxing, Bristol, for getting the fight sanctioned.
Para trains with Centurions Kickboxing at Top Flight Gym, North Street, Weston. For more details about boxing, kickboxing or martial arts lessons and training at the gym, please contact 01934 643299.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront