Jonny wins his first world kickboxing title
- Credit: Archant
Jonny Para won his first WFA Professional World Kickboxing title at an event held in Bristol.
JONNY Para took his first WFA Professional World Kickboxing title at the Best of Bristol event held in Knowle in Bristol.
Para showed unbelievable skill in this fight against a worthy opponent from France as he worked his opponent out in the first round and showed his maturity as a fighter.
His opponent had excellent kicking skills and was a fast and a tricky contender. Para took his time and in the second round caught him in the ribs with a well-executed spinning back kick, his opponent dropping for an eight count.
Within a minute, Para took his opportunity and finished him with an array of head shots including kicks and punches as his opponent dropped for the second time and it was all over, the referee stopping the bout in the second round.
You may also want to watch:
This has been a six-year journey for Para and his team and he would like to thank his coach and trainer Ian Simpson from Centurions Kickboxing for all his hard work over the years and his manager Michael O’Connor at Highlander Kickboxing, Bristol, for getting the fight sanctioned.
Para trains with Centurions Kickboxing at Top Flight Gym, North Street, Weston. For more details about boxing, kickboxing or martial arts lessons and training at the gym, please contact 01934 643299.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston