Junior grading success at Weston Warriors
- Credit: Archant
Three Weston Warriors students passed their black belt grading at the club’s end of year examination.
WESTON Warriors conducted its end of year grading with three of the junior students taking the black belt examination.
Ethan Chew, Blake Goodare and Jake Kenny have been training with the club for over four years and chief instructor Stuart Davies 7th Dan was happy they were ready.
Instructor and current world champion, Lewis Mulhall, has been guiding these youngsters towards their goal of achieving black belts for a few years, while Stuart has conducted all of their belt gradings since they joined.
The black belt grading was a gruelling test of their character as well as their skill level.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart said: “The grading was spot on and I am pleased and proud to award their belts. I am old school when it comes to grading and they have to train hard and be able to represent their club at that level.
“I don’t give grades away and these guys did themselves and the club proud. A massive well done goes to them and Lewis for his input.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Other juniors who passed their grades included Tegan Chambers (brown belt), Jaz Kenny, Joshua Cooke (yellow), Jordan Coombes (orange), Jack Goodman (blue) and Danny Mansell (green).
Lewis will be fighting for the WRSA world title on February 22 in Chippenham and defending his TFC world title on April 26 at Hutton Moor in Weston. Lewis now holds five world titles after his recent international success.
The Warrior Gym Club is now situated at Worle Industrial Estate behind Sainsbury’s and offers various martial arts and the first lesson is free. For details visit www.wama.co.uk or call 01934 629199.