Junior grading success at Weston Warriors
- Credit: Archant
Three Weston Warriors students passed their black belt grading at the club’s end of year examination.
WESTON Warriors conducted its end of year grading with three of the junior students taking the black belt examination.
Ethan Chew, Blake Goodare and Jake Kenny have been training with the club for over four years and chief instructor Stuart Davies 7th Dan was happy they were ready.
Instructor and current world champion, Lewis Mulhall, has been guiding these youngsters towards their goal of achieving black belts for a few years, while Stuart has conducted all of their belt gradings since they joined.
The black belt grading was a gruelling test of their character as well as their skill level.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart said: “The grading was spot on and I am pleased and proud to award their belts. I am old school when it comes to grading and they have to train hard and be able to represent their club at that level.
“I don’t give grades away and these guys did themselves and the club proud. A massive well done goes to them and Lewis for his input.”
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Other juniors who passed their grades included Tegan Chambers (brown belt), Jaz Kenny, Joshua Cooke (yellow), Jordan Coombes (orange), Jack Goodman (blue) and Danny Mansell (green).
Lewis will be fighting for the WRSA world title on February 22 in Chippenham and defending his TFC world title on April 26 at Hutton Moor in Weston. Lewis now holds five world titles after his recent international success.
The Warrior Gym Club is now situated at Worle Industrial Estate behind Sainsbury’s and offers various martial arts and the first lesson is free. For details visit www.wama.co.uk or call 01934 629199.