Junior tennis sessions planned; equipment for practice
- Credit: John Tate
Cleeve Tennis Club are planning to hold sessions for junior players as soon as possible.
Coach John Tate is looking at restarting training in anticipation of the easing of the national lockdown when schools return on March 8.
Spaces are available for youngsters aged four and above, with sessions lasting for an hour and costing just £4, taking place between 4-7pm on Wednesday and 9am-midday on Saturday.
As soon as government restrictions are eased, the sessions will begin, so any parents interested in booking a place for their child should do so without delay by calling John on 01275 464373.
"We have to run in a Covid-safe environment and with numbers limited within guidelines from the Lawn Tennis Association," said Tate.
You may also want to watch:
"After the last lockdowns, children reacted very enthusiastically to being back with their friends again on court.
"Tennis is considered one of the safer situations being outdoors and able to social distance."
- 1 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 2 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 3 Local mortgage broker launches in North Somerset
- 4 Deputy mayor of Weston's big shave for charity
- 5 Illegal tobacco products lead to suspended sentence
- 6 Fears over Covid outbreaks as care homes prepare to open for visitors
- 7 Care assistants win award
- 8 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 9 Disaster response team supporting Weston school with Covid tests
- 10 Education union calls for robust safety measures as schools prepare to reopen
Meanwhile, North Somerset Tennis Academy is offering rackets and tennis balls for youngsters to practice during the lockdown.
Head coach Stuart Bannerman said: "If we can help the local community stay active over this difficult time, that would be great, especially for the children who have seen all their sports clubs cancelled.
"The LTA has lots of skills and exercises for adults and youngsters to do at home or in the garden, found on the NSTA website clubspark.lta.org.uk/nsomersettennis."
To arrange collection of rackets and balls email email@example.com.