Karate club holds its autumn grading
- Credit: Archant
Weston Karate Club held a successful autumn grading at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
CONGRATULATIONS go to all the successful students at their autumn grading which took place at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre, the home of Weston Karate Club.
It was an unusually busy grading for this time of year, with 18 members wishing to grade. Each student is examined individually on three disciplined controlled sections of karate.
The examination varies taking from 15 minutes for beginners to 45 minutes for higher grades. Two students stood out this time were Marcus and Callum, these two young boys showed great enthusiasm and body control.
On this occasion Sensei Kevin and Sensei Michelle, were assisted by Sensei Steve from London.
You may also want to watch:
Gradings are not compulsory, but are essential to progress through the belt rank system common to most martial arts.
Karate teaches self discipline, co-ordination, practical self defence techniques, promotes to build confidence and improves flexibility.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
If you are interested for yourself or someone else and would like more information, the club is just about to start a new beginners course with the first two weeks free of charge.
Contact Kevin on 01934 624713 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org