Karny's Clan keep top spot
BILLIARDS - KARNY'S Clan maintained their lead at the top of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with a 4-0 win over Frames Rejects.
KARNY'S Clan maintained their lead at the top of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with a 4-0 win over Frames Rejects.
Brian Harvey won the opener against Iggy Green, top breaking with a 64 in a 58-point win. Mike Allen then beat Iggy by 24 before defeating Wayne Martin by 30.
The local derby between the two Backwell Village Club sides went the way of the B team by a 4-0 margin although two of the games were extremely close. Pete Woods and George Rowe were playing off the same handicap and there was never too much in the match. George opened up a bit of a lead, but Pete fought back to level although George eventually pulled away to win by 10.
The next game was more one-sided with Martyn Howell out of touch and finding Bob Selby with his potting head on. Bob matched his lower handicap colleague for most of the game without ever getting a major break in an 80-point win.
You may also want to watch:
The final game was also close although Tony Berry at one time led Alan Spear 125-84. However, Alan hit back with his best league breaks for years, 41, to set up a tight finish with Tony won by six.
Second placed Congresbury Qs went down to only their second defeat of the season by 4-0 to Lindrums and Zimmers overcame Short Frames 3-1.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Alan Spear was also in good form in the individual Cannons Cup defeating Reuben Hurse in a tight match by 125-121.
Results: Karny's Clan 4, Frames Rejects0; Backwell A 0, Backwell B 4; Zimmers 3, Short Frames 1; Lindrums 4, Congresbury Qs 0.
Breaks: Brian Harvey 64, 50, 29, 28, 28, 27, 22, 20; Mike Allen 43, 37, 33, 39, 38, 28, 27, 22, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20; Alan Spear 41; Matt Northern 34, 22; Wayne Ticer 26; Roy Jenkins 20; Adrian Smith 20; Mike Tozer 20.