Karny's draw level with Congresbury
BILLIARDS - IT is all level at the top of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with Karny's Clan drawing level with Congresbury Qs on 44 points following their 4-0 win over third placed Lindrums.
IT is all level at the top of the Wrington Vale Billiards League with Karny's Clan drawing level with Congresbury Qs on 44 points following their 4-0 win over third placed Lindrums.
Mike Allen won the first two games against Geoff Passmore and Adrian Smith by 28 and 45 points respectively. Brian Harvey completed the whitewash with a 43-point win over Matt Northern.
Congresbury dropped a point against Backwell A where Irving Prowse had more of his fair share of running in the opening game against Alan Spear, leaving his opponent with little to go for in a 67-point win. Dave Larner reduced the handicap deficit against Pete Wood with a string of teen breaks and seemed to be running away with it until Pete found some late form before going down by 23.
Roy Jenkins kept outscoring Martyn Howell in the early exchanges scoring 80 odd points to Martyn's 40 when he took the lead at the 80-point mark following a fine break of 54. He then got stuck and Martyn steadily worked his way to a 34-point win.
You may also want to watch:
It is tight at the bottom of the league as well, with Short Frames now only trailing Backwell B by a single point following their 3-1 win. Graham Burton started slowly against George Rowe but once in his stride, there was no stopping him with a number of flukes giving him the edge in a 20-point win.
Mike Tozer continued with the good form he has shown through most of the season against Tony Berry. Tony just could not get going as Mike closed out to a 67-point win. Wayne Martin played the final game against Bob Selby and started off well, but Bob played steadily and confidently, winning by 32 points in the end.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
In the semi-finals of the handicap competition, Bob Selby made his way through to the final with a 33-point win over Pete Wood. Bob cleared his handicap deficit and drew level with Pete at the 175 mark. Pete then provided some dogged resistance and stayed level up until 230 when Bob knocked in a couple of teen breaks to open up a lead and go forward to the final.
Breaks: Brian Harvey 59, 51, 47, 41, 37, 27, 25, 23, 22, 21; Roy Jenkins 54, 30; Mike Allen 47*, 37, 36, 33, 31, 27, 27, 23, 20, 20; Matt Northern 33; Adrian Smith 26; Martyn Howell 23; Irving Prowse 22; Bob Selby 22.