Katie earns her black belt
Weston Karate Club member Katie Williams recently earned her black belt.
WESTON Karate Club held a recent club grading, which lasted for three hours.
The club’s examiners awarded each student for their effort, ability, stamina and knowledge in karate and three students, Alfie Murphy, Martina Tancock and Jimmy Pann stood out on the day.
After the grading, a brown and black belt course was held, which lasted for two hours. This was followed by a black belt grading for Katie Williams, who was put through a vigorous exam pushing her to the limits of her endurance.
Her grading not only tested her on the usual aspects of a karate, but also application of the techniques she was demonstrating. She also had to pair up against five other students in the kumite section.
You may also want to watch:
Katie has been training with the club for the past five years and the three examiners were pleased to be able to award her the prestigious title of black belt.
New beginners’ courses are starting now with the first two weeks free. For further details contact 01934 624713 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism