Kerrianne touches down five tries
Hornettes proved too strong for Old Reds, running out comprehensive 85-0 winners.
HORNETTES returned to winning ways with a comprehensive 85-0 victory over Old Reds.
The initial try came from a forward break putting them onto the front foot, Beth Ryall cutting a good line before passing out to Kerianne Williams who scored. The next try came when Emma Small peeled off the back of a maul and offloaded for MJ Jenkins to score.
Following a disrupted Old Reds scrum, Abbey Constable broke the defensive line and offloaded to Williams to score under the posts, Emma Small converting the try. Turnover ball following a scrum enabled Charlotte Cooper-Cox to score under the posts, Small again converting.
Constable ran 30 metres to score the next try and Amy Atree offloaded to Williams to score under the posts, converted by Small to take the half-time score to 36-0.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Williams scored again, soon followed by an excellent try by Becky Cuts, who ran in from 35 metres.
Straight from the kick-off, Sinead Boys drove into space passing to Atree who out-ran the defence to score. Good work by Sara Curtis, Boys and Atree, who committed the last defender, set up Boys to score.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
Hornettes ran in two long-range tries by Kim Sweeting and Georgia Liddington after good work by Donna Fielding, both converted by Sara Curtis and Cuts. Kat John set up Williams for her fifth try and Charlie Williams scored the final try from 60 metres.