Kewstoke ease to comfortable win

Kewstoke Under-14s defeated Winscombe with a classy display.

KEWSTOKE Under-14s outperformed Winscombe with a classy display in the league.

In a one-sided game, Kewstoke applied pressure on the Winscombe goal from the kick-off and had built a 5-0 lead by half-time, following a hat-trick by Eardley and a brace for Fondu.

The pick of the bunch being Fondu’s second where he controlled a cross field ball from Haskayne, turned and beat the keeper with a looping shot from outside the area.

After the break, Harding was unlucky not to get on the score sheet with an effort from outside the area, but the Winscombe keeper did well to parry onto the bar. Flynn also had several attempts following some confident runs into the opposition area.

You may also want to watch:

Further goals followed for Haskayne and Hunt, before Eardley rounded off a great display with a headed goal in the final stages.

The Under-10s B almost snatched victory from league leaders Chew Valley with a fine display of football.

Most Read

Tom Read opened the scoring with a volley from Keelan Swails corner kick. Chew soon replied to make it level pegging at the interval.

Kewstoke’s midfielder Dylan Baylis opened his account with an excellent shot to make it 2 -1. Just five minutes from the whistle Chew valley equalised to share the points.

This was an excellent display by Kewstoke to be one of only two teams to take points from the league leaders.

Athletic Under-11s took on top of the table Nailsea United and the first half was evenly matched, with both teams playing some quality football in midfield.

Jake Dunn made life difficult for Nailsea, with an excellent performance in the middle. The first half finished 0-0, yet it was Nailsea who dominated the opening stages of the second half.

With Nailsea camped in the Kewstoke half, it took some good performances from Jack Howard and Joe Morrish to stop Nailsea taking the lead.

The few chances Nailsea had were collected well by goalkeeper and Weston Building Contractors Ltd man of the match Daniel Layden, who also made a fantastic save to keep the scores level.

Nailsea were eventually rewarded for all their pressure with a late goal, and the game was settled shortly afterwards with a second.

IN a game dominated by the strong wind, Weston Town Under-14s secured another three points with a 2-0 away win at Cheddar.

The first half saw Weston kicking into the wind and it was one to forget with some scrappy play. The only highlight was a great run from Dan Berry who, after beating four players, saw his effort come back off the post.

With the wind behind them in the second half, Weston dominated the play and after a long range effort from Jack Hockey came back of the bar, Sam Fletcher pounced to head the ball past the keeper.

It was not long before the game was made safe when a good run from Rico Canella ended with him firing an unstoppable shot into the net.

The Mercedes Benz man of the match award went to Killian Vick.

WESTON Crusaders Under-12s booked their place in the final of the Knockout Cup after beating Portishead Town 3-2.

The midfield of Thomas-Barker, Cox, Santoro and Shipway worked hard with Havard and Thomas up front a constant threat. The back five of Bonner, Rac, Buxton, Denyer and Filby dealt with what little Portishead offered.

Crusaders made the breakthrough when Thomas was upended in the box and Havard tucked away the spot kick. Crusaders doubled their lead five minutes later after some excellent passing, Cox rounded off a great move by scoring to make it 2-0 at the break.

Changes made at half-time saw Williams, Morteo, Ellis-Barker, Burgess and Redding come into the affray. Against the run of play, Portishead were awarded a penalty which Burgess saved, but soon after Portishead scored two quick goals to equalise.

Crusaders made further changes and took control for the last 10 minutes. After some excellent passing, Thomas smashed the ball past the Portishead keeper for the winner.

The Under-11s entertained Hutton in the semi-final of the cup on a windy morning.

Both sides managed to play some excellent football in the first half, with Crusaders taking the lead through Samuel Stocker.

Going into the second half again both teams played some brilliant football, but no other goals were scored and Crusaders came away victorious to play Portishead in the final.

BANWELL stretched their unbeaten run to seven matches with a 4-3 away win at Long Ashton.

Banwell took the lead when good work from Aron Staples and Ross Buller led to Harry Walsh scoring. Long Ashton equalised, but with the midfield of Lewis Cahill, Joe Brett, Ben Clatworthy and Mike Reames beginning to dominate, Banwell went 2-1 up when Dan Fowler crossed for Matt Saunders to score. Long Ashton drew level again right on half-time.

In the second half, Banwell went in front again when captain Brett fired home. Midway through the half, Fowler hit the bar and soon after scored Banwells fourth. The defence of Joe Lawrence, Ollie Habgood, Ethan Johnson and Sam Bond all had good games, while goalkeeper Jordan Stiris was back to top form. As Banwell looked for their fifth, Long Ashton were awarded a soft penalty.

Substitute James Poundsberry looked dangerous up front, but Banwell’s man of the match was Jordan Sotiris.

BANWELL juniors will restart training for their Under-5/6/7s on February 5 at 10.30am after a short winter break.

All coaches have the relevant coaching badges and are all CRB checked.

For any more information call Dan White on 07540 418057 or e-mail

MILTON Nomads Under-11s fixture at home to Clevedon United started well.

Nomads dominated the opening 10 minutes, with Matthew Ogborne and Jack Rickwood in attack, well supported by the midfield of Dean Chrisostomou, Lewis Milkins, Olly Cunningham and Cai Williams.

However, a long ball over the Nomads defence allowed Clevedon to take the lead against the run of play. Nomads upped their game and following continued pressure saw a corner from Ogborne turned into their own goal by the Clevedon defence.

Further pressure saw Williams score from another corner and then a third was added when Cunningham forced the ball in from a goalmouth scramble. Just before half-time, a cross was superbly headed in by a Clevedon striker, giving Charlie Woodards in goal no chance.

The second half continued end to end and Nomads looked good for a win when Ogborne scored following a shot parried by the keeper.

The Nomads defence of Lewis Barber, Tyler Pooley, Harry Little, George Fulcher, Hannah Capes and Charles Constable were subjected to immense pressure and with five minutes to go conceded two late goals with the game finishing 4-4.

Personalized Engravings man of the match was Cai Williams.

WORLE Under-13s put Nailsea to the sword with a fantastic team performance.

Goalkeeper Sam injured himself in the warm-up, which saw Ben take up the duties for the first 10 minutes of the match. Worle got off to a flyer with JT opening the scoring and 60 seconds later Lucas had made it 2-0.

Connor was outstanding on the left wing and he made it 3-0. Lucas scored the next, before JT made it five before half-time.

Ben stuck a lovely half-volley from Lucas’s corner to make it six and Lucas earned his hat-trick with another lovely finish.

Nailsea stuck to the task and brought a couple of good saves out of the recovered Sam towards the end of the game.

Trowbridge Plumbing & Heating man of the match was Connor Chamberlain.

The Under-11s started against Gordano with Ben Moore in goal, captain Aaron Pitt, Will Stephens and Lewis Creegan in defence, Charlie Harvey in the centre of midfield, Dan Ward and Ryan Johnson on the wings. Cole Griffiths and Keaton Walker were midfielders and Ted Crabb and Ben Druce in attack. Josh Ball and Mitch Hawkes started as substitutes.

Crabb opened the scoring before Druce hit the post. Chances fell to Ryan Johnson and Charlie before Moore was quickly off his line when Gordano threatened as Worle led 1-0 at the break.

Ward and Griffiths saw efforts saved before Worle were awarded a penalty, converted by Stephens. Walker opened his account for the club after good play from Ted and Charlie.

Keaton turned provider just minutes later as a corner was met by the head of Griffiths for his first goal. Keaton grabbed another with a smart finish after great midfield work from Mitch. Keaton rounded off his hat-trick direct from a corner.

Man of the match was awarded to Keaton Walker.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus