Kewstoke no match for rampant Crusaders

Weston Crusaders Under-12s defeat local rivals Kewstoke 9-1.

CRUSADERS Under-12s continued their good start to the season with an emphatic 9-1 win against local rivals Kewstoke.

Crusaders built up a 5-0 lead by half-time, with goals by Shipway, Santoro, Williams and Morteo (2), the result of another excellent all round team performance.

Crusaders’ midfield of Ellis-Barker, Morteo, Thomas-Barker and Cox over-ran Kewstoke and the back four of Williams, Rac, Buxton and Denyer had little to deal with, Burgess in goal had even less to do, while Havard and Shipway up front were a constant threat.

Crusaders introduced Thomas, Redding, Filby and Bonner at the start of the second half and Crusaders continued their good work. Kewstoke pulled a goal back but Crusaders continued to make chances and Thomas completed a second half hat-trick and Morteo scoring to complete his hat-trick.

You may also want to watch:

Weston Crusaders man of the match was Owen Denyer.

Crusaders Under-11s beat Clevedon United Youth 8-1 in their first game of the season.

Most Read

Goals came from Matthew Hayden, Samuel Stocker, Sonny Carr, Ty Jamieson and Thomas Hyland. Chutney’s man of the match was Matthew Hayden.

In their second game against Milton Nomads, they managed to win 5-2 with goals from Brennan Hollie, Samuel Stocker, Matthew Hayden, Ty Jamieson and one from Jaylan Bacon. Chutney’s man of the match was Thomas Hyland.

The team’s third game was against Hutton and Crusaders managed another victory, with goals from Sonny Carr and Samuel Stocker in the 2-1 win. Chutney’s man of the match went to Joshua Clark.

Thanks go to Mos at Chutney’s for sponsoring the man of the match trophies.

KEWSTOKE Under-14s recorded their second victory away to St Georges.

It took a wonder strike from 40 yards from Connor Harding to break the deadlock. A second goal followed just before half-time, when Harding scored his second after good work by Lewys Hunt.

In the second half, Kewstoke started brightly and a superb cross from Ryan Eardley was converted by Thomas Edwards. A fourth goal followed with again Eardley being the supplier and Edwards being on hand to make the game safe.

Harding then completed his hat-trick and Eardley finished the game off following a good pass from William O’Hagan.

A special mention to the Kewstoke defence and Max Burford in goal. Man of the match went to Thomas Edwards.

Kewstoke Under-13s booked their place in the second round of the Tesco Cup with a 13-0 victory over Shepton Mallet.

Kewstoke dominated from the start and were 6-0 up at the break, with goals from Liam (2), Nathanial, Jack Green (2) and Oggy.

After the break, Kewstoke played good football in the strong wind and scored further goals through Oggy (2), Liam (2), Ryan, Aidan and Green.

Kewstoke Athletic Under-15s started the season well with a resounding 9-0 victory at Portishead.

Disciplined defending from the outset from Kieran Malone, James Biggs, Kieran Smith, Nick Riley and keeper James Adams gave Kewstoke the springboard for numerous attacks with well taken goals from Charlie Gibbons and Josh Donoghue.

The second half saw Kewstoke dominate resulting in brace of goals from captain Cory Kellaway, who also set up chances for Charlie Gibbons and Marc Frost. Two fine strikes from Josh Donoghue gave him a well deserved hat-trick.

Special mention to Tommy Lloyd-Evans, Theo Payan and Jack Stewart, but the Harlow Hygiene man of the match was Josh Donoghue. Captain’s improved performer was Marc Frost.

Kewstoke Athletic Under-11s took on Axbridge Saxons, who packed the midfield, making it difficult for Athletic.

However, when wingers Adam Bungay and Ryan Hill were brought into play Kewstoke dominated. Kewstoke’s opener came from Jake Dunn, soon followed by a great team goal with Joe Morrish and Hill combining to set up Sam Ford. Dunn made it three before Matty Frost broke through and added a fourth.

A more organised Kewstoke started the second half and Frost was quick to get his second. Szimon Swiercrwna scored from distance as did Ford. Bungay scored before Ford finished the scoring to complete his hat-trick.

It finished 9-1 to Kewstoke, with Axbridge pinching a deserved consolation at the end. Andy Page Web Design man of the match was Ashley Hastewell.

The Under-16s secured a 5-0 win against local rivals Worle Juniors.

In a keenly fought midfield contest, Jake Groves, Ben Harris, Jak Cochrane and Lawrence Mayer all worked hard to close down Worle. Ryan Hill slipped in Billy Judd to break the deadlock from close range. Shortly after, Mike Deane scored from a Cochrane corner to make it 2-0 to Kewstoke.

The back four of Tyler Marshman, Connor Andrew, Luke Flanagan and Mike Deane all played well and Luke Bryant, when called upon, was solid. A number of tactical switches saw Lewis Clamp, Josh Selwyn and James Hodgkinson all introduced.

The second half saw Kewstoke continue the good work as Hodgkinson, fed by Harris, scored with a stunning strike. This was closely followed by Hill making it four following a cut-back from Judd. Shortly before the end of the game, Clamp scored after he was set-up by Hodgkinson.

In an outstanding team performance, SB Fencing man of the match was awarded to Ryan Hill.

Kewstoke Athletic Under-16s kicked-off their league campaign with a good 3-1 win against Milton Nomads.

Kewstoke started brightly with Renz Vallejera and James Ng linking well to create some early chances, while Sam Wilce and Lozz Nelson were strong in midfield. Kewstoke’s pressure paid off when Vallejera’s cross was deflected into the net by a Nomads defender.

Five minutes later, Wilce doubled the lead with a great turn and shot. This seemed to motivate Nomads, who scored just before the break, despite good defending by Ross Holder and Ollie Grant.

The second half saw continued pressure early and Nelson made an important tackle to prevent an equaliser, while Woody impressed in goal.

Kewstoke extended their lead when Josh Badham headed home the third. There were further chances for Luke Williams, Liam Kearns and Sam Gullick. The man of the match went to Josh Badham

WORLE Under-9s got off to a great start to the season with a 9-0 victory over Nailsea Athletic.

A comfortable first half saw Joseph Plumbly open his account with two goals to give his team the lead.

After the break, Plumbly was replaced by Callum Masterma, who proceeded to score five times. Jake Maine and captain Bailey Kempster added a goal each. Well done to Aaron Foan in the Worle goal, who kept his concentration.

Man of the match went to midfielder Rory Miller.

The Under-11s defeated Priory Vikings 4-3 in the local derby played at the Campus.

The first half saw Worle attacking well with Ben Druce and Ryan Johnson pressing the Priory defenders, but Priory went into a 2-0 lead. Worle replied with a penalty by Charlie Harvey, after Lewis Creegan was upended in the box.

Two minutes later, a Worle corner was finished off by Mitch Hawkes to make the score 2-2 at half-time.

After the break, Harvey gave Worle the lead with a powerful run and shot. Druce added a fourth for Worle with a great turn and shot. Priory added a third, but Worle saw the game out.

Man of the match went to Ben Moore, but special mention to keeper Josh Ball, who made some important stops.

The Under 11s still have places left in the squad. Anyone interested in joining, please contact Dave on 07411 412767.

After winning their first game of the season, Worle Under-12s travelled to Weston Town for a midweek fixture. The visitors dominated the game from the whistle with great pace and quick passing and saw them notch up a 12-2 victory.

Worle played against Winscombe in the first round of the Tesco County Cup. Winscombe dominated the first half and they were 6-0 up at half-time.

After the break, Worle improved with some excellent performances, of particular note were Alex Young and Tom Stephens on their first competitive for the club. Worle managed to score through Callum, from a corner by Lucas, but Winscombe went on to win 9-1.

Trowbridge Plumbing & Heating man of the match went to Tom Stephens.

BANWELL Under-12s started brightly against Nailsea Athletic and went on to win 9-1.

Sam White broke the deadlock after a scramble in the Nailsea goalmouth. Joe Honey and Luke Maskell worked hard on the wings and the goals started to come thanks to the persistance of Ryan Hastewell and a fine performance from Harrison Giles.

White got his second, followed by a goal for Kaan Berk. White then completed his hat-trick after a quick throw from Honey.

The back four of Liam Smith, Jimmy Edwards, Connor Burns and Jamie Jenkins were solid. Edwards set up Berk to score, before Ben Vernon and James Hart came off the bench to put in strong performances to back up the defence.

Harrison Giles then produced a bit of magic to score before Nailsea got a goal back after a neat finish that Ben Meakin nearly got to. Giles then won a penalty which Smith scored with the last kick of the game.

Supporters’ man of the match went to Harrison Giles with the manager’s vote going to Joe Honey.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus