Kibblewhite quick on the draw at Wimborne
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club runners achieved personal best times at the Wimborne 10.
SIX intrepid runners from Weston Athletic Club travelled to Dorset to take on the Wimborne 10.
Other than a moderate wind, weather conditions were good, allowing for some impressive performances on the day. Started by a five musket salute, the 10-mile course is set on undulating rural roads.
Steve Kibblewhite was first club finisher shooting across the line in 1.08.46. Mark Bowskill, Simon Andrews and Pete Bartlett all achieved personal best times of 1.18.18, 1.18.41 and 1.33.08 respectively.
Lesley Bowskill knocked a massive eight minutes off her personal best time for the distance, completing the course in 1.29.35. Julie Shergold finished in 1.35.25 bettering her previous best by three minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Chris McMillan and Jim Hayward took on the second race in the Gwent League Cross Country series at Llandaff Fields, Cardiff. Against a very strong field, Chris finished 21st overall in 33.45 and Jim crossed the line in 45.47.
Entry is now open for the Hangover 10k on New Year’s Day. The fast course on country lanes around Kewstoke provides the ideal way to end the party season and put new year’s resolutions to the test.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Race HQ is Kewstoke Village Hall and the race starts at 11am. Entry is available on the club website and costs just £8 (£6 for affiliated runners).
For more information about this and the club’s other races, as well as becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk