King Alfred defeat Millfield
The year 10 football team at King Alfred School team made a fantastic start to their national cup campaign by beating Millfield.
THE year 10 football team at King Alfred School team made a fantastic start to their national cup campaign by beating Millfield 2-0.
Having received a bye in round one, this was the boys’ first game of the season, but it didn’t show as they put in a disciplined performance.
King Alfred dominated the midfield for large periods and reduced Millfield to long-range efforts, and counter-attacked to great effect when possible.
The first goal came after a long spell of short passing and was finished by Charlie Harding on the edge of the penalty area. His half-volley gave the keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
The back four, marshalled by Charlie White, had to work extremely hard to keep King Alfred in the lead going into half-time.
The second half followed a similar pattern to the first as Millfield enjoyed some decent possession, but rarely threatened Fraser McDairmid’s goal. The lead was doubled as Kieran Moore chipped the keeper after another fine counter attack from the home team.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 New school welcomes its first pupils
Despite late pressure, King Alfred held on and look forward to round three.