King Alfred defeat Millfield
The year 10 football team at King Alfred School team made a fantastic start to their national cup campaign by beating Millfield.
THE year 10 football team at King Alfred School team made a fantastic start to their national cup campaign by beating Millfield 2-0.
Having received a bye in round one, this was the boys’ first game of the season, but it didn’t show as they put in a disciplined performance.
King Alfred dominated the midfield for large periods and reduced Millfield to long-range efforts, and counter-attacked to great effect when possible.
The first goal came after a long spell of short passing and was finished by Charlie Harding on the edge of the penalty area. His half-volley gave the keeper no chance.
You may also want to watch:
The back four, marshalled by Charlie White, had to work extremely hard to keep King Alfred in the lead going into half-time.
The second half followed a similar pattern to the first as Millfield enjoyed some decent possession, but rarely threatened Fraser McDairmid’s goal. The lead was doubled as Kieran Moore chipped the keeper after another fine counter attack from the home team.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Despite late pressure, King Alfred held on and look forward to round three.