Kings on top form
Kingfishers netball team have started the New Year with the same winning form as 2011.
KINGS have started the New Year with the same winning form as in 2011.
Their first match, against a weakened Wyvern team, was an easy warm-up, clocking a resounding 64 goals to 17.
In the second match, they faced Yatton 2. From the outset, Kings, sponsored by Hussains Indian Restaurant, dominated play. Solid attacking meant centre passes were converted and with tight defending, Kings were able to turn play around.
An early injury at GD gave Amy (players’ player) an opportunity to shine at WD with some excellent blocking and linking passes.
You may also want to watch:
Despite being double marked for most of the game, Jane at GS (joint players’ player) moved well, creating space from nowhere, enabling pin point accurate passes from Sarah (GA), who was also on impressive long shooting form. A superb team performance meant Yatton never got a look in, resulting in an impressive score of 65-21.
New players welcome to training at Priory School, Mondays from 8pm. For more information, go to www.pitchero.com/clubs/kingfishernetballclub
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 10 Have your say on health services in Somerset