Kings start with victory
Kingfishers started the winter league with a 66-28 victory over Yatton.
HAVING continued training all summer, Kingfishers started the winter league with a 66-28 victory over Yatton.
However, fielding a bare seven players meant added pressure. An unfamiliar Yatton line-up was keen, but no match for the experience and control of Kings.
Jane and Sarah soon started sinking goals and the dynamic defensive duo of Kelly and Caroline were unstoppable. With fantastic ball watching, marking and well-timed interceptions, Kings converted plenty of turn-over ball.
With Sam zoning on the edge of the D, Yatton’s attack were unable to gain any sort of rhythm. Nadina and Laura (player of the match) linked well together in the centre, tipping loose balls and feeding accurately.
You may also want to watch:
New players always welcome at Wyvern on Mondays (8pm) or check out www.pitchero.com/clubs/kingfishernetballclub
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences