Brothers Josh and Matt Knight raising money for CLIC Sargent
- Credit: Josh Knight
A pair of Weston cricketers are raising money for CLIC Sargent after their seven-year-old nephew was diagnosed with Leukaemia.
Brothers Josh and Matt Knight did different fundraising activities for the the charity, which helps children and their families after a cancer diagnosis.
Matt had done 300 press-ups a day in a 10-week period leading up to Christmas, amounting to a grand total of 21,000 press-ups across 70 days, while Josh ran 300km and between them have now have raised over £6,500 and counting.
"He is an absolute hero, a little warrior and been stronger so far than I could ever imagine, so I thought it's time I did something," posted Josh on the GoFundMe page.
"They provide day-to-day help, financial support, help at home after the initial time in the hospital, provide teaching and schooling during treatment, provide support to parents and families, campaign and so much more."
You may also want to watch:
Matt added on GoFundMe: "Any donation big or small will be greatly appreciated."
To help support Josh's GoFundMe you can do so here - https://uk.gofundme.com/f/joshs-campaign-for-clic-sargent and for Matt's you can access it through this link - https://www.gofundme.com/f/wbu8zk-matt039s-campaign-for-macmillan-cancer-support?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal