Koi wins junior beach open
Weston Sea Angling Association’s junior open beach fishing competition was won by five-year-old Koi Garrard.
WESTON Sea Angling Association held their annual junior open beach fishing competition, which has been running for 25 years and every match has been kindly sponsored by John May of Wrington.
In the past, several young anglers who first entered this competition went on and fished for England. This year, the youngest angler in the competition, five-year-old Koi Garrard of Weston, triumphed with a catch of two flounders and a total length of 54cms.
Youngsters had their fish measured and are encouraged to return them to the sea alive.
For his efforts, Koi won a mountain bike. Second with another two flounders measuring 42cms was Lucas Kellow of Weston, and third with a single flounder of 18cms was Ryan Frewin of Axbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Three other young anglers also landed fish and took home prizes of their choice. All the youngsters who competed went away with a prize.
The Weston Sea Angling Association would like to thank all the people who were generous in donating many attractive prizes.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course