Ladie suffer heavy defeat
Weston ladies were well beaten at Minehead.
WESTON ladies played their second match of the season away to Minehead, but returned home with a heavy loss.
Skipper Roxy Newman opted to bowl first and Emilia Taylor took a wicket in her first over and eventually finished with figures of 7-0-47-1. Alice Wiseman (7-0-36-1) and Georgia Tulip (7-0-46-1) took the next two wickets.
Hannah Sparks (107 not out) and Helen Davies (42 not out) took Minehead to 228. Special mention must be made of debutant Emma Gibbins, who fielded excellently.
Whitehead was run out for one in the second over but even this did not stop Weston. Stone joined Sarah Tedder at the crease and although caught for 15, her partnership with Tedder of 46 was a solid one.
You may also want to watch:
Stone marked the first wicket maiden bowled by young Ella Beauchamp, who bowled a hat-trick of them taking the wickets of Tedder (23) and Tulip. She finished with figures of 7-3-5-3 and was Minehead’s best bowler.
These wickets saw Helen Clough join Newman and they put on a partnership of 65 before Clough fell for 25 Laura Foreman was bowled first ball and then Newman was dismissed for 36 as the remaining three wickets fell for just one one run as Weston lost by 90 runs.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Player of the match went to Helen Clough.
Any females over the age of 14 interested in playing cricket are always welcome at the club, contact Skipper Roxy Newman for further details on 07557 375665.