Ladies’ awards evening
- Credit: Archant
Winscombe Ladies Hockey Club celebrated their awards evening with the news they will be returning to the village to play their home games.
WINSCOMBE Ladies Hockey Club had much to celebrate at their annual dinner and awards night, including a promotion for their 3rd XI.
There was also a debut league season for their 4th XI and the exciting news that they will be returning home to the village of Winscombe to play on a new Astroturf pitch at the start of next season.
“We are absolutely delighted that after an absence of 23 years, Winscombe Ladies Hockey Club will be able to return to play and train in the village,” said Jo Hann, Winscombe’s chairman.
“All our players and coaches are very excited, and we are grateful to Sidcot School for their foresight and generosity, in building this much needed facility, and for making it available for the community to use.
You may also want to watch:
“We are particularly looking forward to expanding the junior section of the club and are thrilled that we will be able to offer competitive team sport for girls, who live and go to school locally in Winscombe and Sandford.”
The club were also celebrating their 1st XIs highest ever finish in Central Division (3rd) and their 2nd XI finishing mid-table in a competitive division.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 9 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 10 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
Award winners – Quilter Cheviot club member of the year: Leanne Gardner; John Hodge Solicitors 1st XI player of the year: Michelle Isgar; squad member of the year: Izzy Savage; players’ player: Kate Walker; leading goal scorer: Hannah Taylor.
2nd XI player of the year: Emma Caney; squad member: Amy Knapman; players’ player: Imogen Marsh; leading goal scorer: Trudie Lynham.
3rd XI player of the year: Molly Roberts; squad member: Gail Izzard; players’ player: Hannah Hussey; leading goal scorers: Gail Izzard and Helen Sinclair.
4th XI players of the year: Maddie Bawden and Elenor Phillips; squad member: Hannah Glossop; players’ player: Tia Craig; leading goal scorer: Vonnie Rendall.
Award winners (front, left to right): Hannah Taylor, Leanne Gardner, Michelle Isgar, Izzy Savage, Hannah Glossop, Tia Craig. Back row: Gail Izzard, Helen Sinclair, Hannah Hussey, Imogen Marsh, Molly Roberts, Emma Caney, Amy Knapman, Vonnie Rendall, Trudie Lynham.