Ladies edge seven goal thriller
Weston ladies defeated Minehead 4-3 with a late goal scored by Michelle Tuxford.
WESTON ladies travelled to Minehead to play their last league game before Christmas and returned with a 4-3 win.
With spirits running high, Weston went out fighting with strong attacks down the pitch. Good play by Charlotte Gordon and Michelle Tuxford resulted in Tuxford netting the first goal.
The play continued with Weston creating many chances on goal, with the second goal being scored by Lucy Clarke. Before half-time Minehead came back with a skilful attack leading to a goal.
At the start of the second half, the whole Weston team were shown a green card. The half carried on with a flick given to Minehead, allowing them to equalise.
You may also want to watch:
With Charli Dale working hard in defence, Weston pushed on with attacks leading to a goal by Charli Crandon. Minehead were quick to respond to the goal and equalised again.
Going into the last five minutes of the game, Tuxford scored the winning goal giving Weston a 4-3 lead and three points to take home.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
The Mercedes Benz player of the match award went to Charlotte Gordon.