Ladies fall short against the league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Weston ladies fell 35 run short in their top of the table clash against Bath Wanderers.
WESTON ladies entered their last league match as joint leaders of the league with Bath Wanderers.
Weston skipper Roxy Newman won the toss and elected to field first and Georgia Tulip and Newman opened the bowling, with Newman getting the breakthrough in the 10th over.
Change bowlers Sam Evans and Josie Smith resulted in wickets falling in Evans’ second, fourth and fifth overs (7-0-20-2) with a run out by Lowri Harding. Tulip took over from Smith and just missed out on a hat-trick and finished with figures of 7-2-14-2.
Newman bowled the last over which resulted in a catch by Smith and the run out of opener Daisy Vowles (48) on the last ball, finishing with 7-0-26-2 as Bath ended on 162-9.
You may also want to watch:
The opening pair of Whitehead and Wiseman made a good start and at the first rain break after nine overs, they were ahead of the run rate. After the rain, Wiseman was run out for 19, but the partnership had put on 79.
Soon after, Whitehead was run out backing up at the non-strikers end for 39. Newman joined Sarah Tedder at the crease before Tedder was run out with the score on 84-3.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Further wickets fell as Weston finished on 127-7, with Tulip making 14 and Evans nine as Weston finished 35 runs short.
The InTouch player of the match was awarded to Sam Evans.
On Sunday, Weston face Minehead away at 2pm in the semi-final of the league cup.