Ladies grab narrow away victory
Hornettes earned a narrow victory away at St Mary’s Old Boys.
HORNETTES travelled to St Mary’s Old Boys and came away with a narrow 29-22 victory.
Hornettes’ first attack saw them drive to the St Mary’s try line, but the final pass was knocked on, resulting in a scrum. The second attack again saw the Hornettes drive to within five metres of the try line, but quick turnover ball saw St Mary’s created an overlap and score under the posts from 75 metres for a 7-0 lead.
The visitors hit back and Kerianne Williams took the final pass to score their first try. St Mary’s came back strongly, but were penalised. Williams took the penalty quickly and released Rea Turner to run in from 60.
Almost immediately, St Mary’s scored twice in the corner in quick succession to take a 17-10 lead. Hornettes regrouped and a quick penalty saw Emma Small cross the gain line and offload to Charlotte Cooper-Cox, who scored under the posts, taking the half-time score to 17-15.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, the deadlock was broken when MJ Jenkins went on a blistering 50 metre run from her own 22-metre line. Good work by Abbey Constable and Cooper-Cox set up Becky Cutts to score under the posts, with Emily Pearce kicking the conversion.
Hornettes extended their lead when Williams jinked through the St Mary back line and ran in from 50 metres, converted by Pearce. St Mary’s replied with another try, taking the final score to 22-29.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Anyone wishing to play for the Hornets, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on email@example.com