Ladies held to a draw
Hornettes ladies were held to a 5-5 draw by Old Reds.
HORNETTES ladies rugby team entertained Old Reds at the nest and were held to a 5-5 draw.
It was a fiercely contested game, but with only two tries scored. Hornettes scored within the first 10 minutes with some great play by the forwards and an inspired chip by No 8 Sinead Boys.
The ball was scooped up by Keri Kennedy, who ran in from the 22 and scored just wide of the posts. Sara Curtis just missed the conversion.
For the next 50 minutes the play ebbed and flowed with both teams putting pressure on each others try line until the last 10 minutes when the visitors camped in Hornettes 22.
You may also want to watch:
The attacks kept coming but the defence stood firm until in the dying minutes of the game Old Reds crashed over just wide of the posts. The conversion was missed making the final score 5-5.
Forward of the match was Sinead Boys and the back of the match was Beth Ryall.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Congratulations to Hornettes’ players MJ Jenkins, Julie Price and Sinead Boys who played for Somerset against Dorset & Wilts, with Somerset winning 36-0.
Any ladies 18 or over wishing to play rugby, please contact Jenny Cockayne on 07717 790838. There is now girls rugby at Hornets for ages 13-17, please contact Dennis Hull on 07916 282699.