Ladies hold on
Weston 1 52 Titans 45
WESTON got off to a great start, taking an early lead against the Devon side.
But by the start of the second quarter, Titans started to catch up. Despite Weston’s Jess Preece (GD) and Becky Travers (GK) keeping both of the Titans shooters at the circle edge, their shots were still going in, while their defence were starting to break down the Weston attack and the score was close going into half-time.
The third quarter went better for Weston. Emma Bewick came on as WA, with Jennie Burton swapping to WD. The Weston attack changed their game plan to force the Titans defence to make errors and Weston pushed ahead again.
The final quarter wasn’t as good, but Weston managed to hold on to their lead with the team’s fitness keeping them one step ahead and to a final victory of 52-45.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match went to centre Ruth Lander.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity