Ladies leave it late to tie the scores
Hornettes ladies left it late to grab a draw against St Mary’s.
HORNETTES ladies travelled to St Mary’s with a weakened side and a number of players out of their normal position.
The first try went to St Marys when their No 8 picked up from the base of a scrum and scored and from the restart, the host increased their lead with a penalty.
Hornettes replied with a sustained period of attacking play and went through over 10 phases of play with forwards and backs combining for Amy Clarke to score in the corner.
After the break, Abbey Constable shook off a couple of tackles and offloaded to Kerrianne Williams to score. St Mary’s hit back, but were halted by some strong tackling by Beth Ryall.
You may also want to watch:
The back row of Lindsay Pilgrim, Claire Hixson and Sinead Boys were strong and removed the back row threat from the game. However, the St Mary’s forwards crashed over the line under the posts for a converted try.
With time running out, the combination of Constable and Williams worked again as Williams ran in from 35 metres to tie the game at 15-all. Hornettes knocked on from the kick-off and from the resulting scrum, St Marys scored to retake the lead.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The visitors hit back and the ball wide, Sinead Boys entering the line to create the overlap and giving the final pass to Emily Pearce, who scored in the corner to tie the match at 20-20.
Anyone interested in playing for the ladies, please contact Emma on 07429 868505 or e-mail Emma on email@example.com