Ladies lose high-scoring encounter
Weston ladies seconds lost a a high-scoring encounter against Taw Valley
Weston Ladies 2nd XI 5
Taw Valley 2nd XI 7
WESTON seconds travelled to Barnstaple to play Taw Valley after the Christmas break.
Taw scored first after 10 minutes, but Weston soon equalised with a goal from captain Kirsten Warden and took the lead with a goal from Ellie Etchells.
You may also want to watch:
Brilliant defending from Charlotte Gordon, Jenny Purcell, Shelly Parkins and Gill Rylance and saves from goalkeeper Chloe Cowell, made it hard for Taw Valley to equalise, but they eventually made it 2-2 and then scored again to put them a goal ahead.
An excellent strike from Jade Brown and a goal from top goal scorer Kat Brown put Weston back in front. Taw valley came back though, but another goal from Brown put Weston in another good position.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Good work in midfield from Demi Reading, Warden, Jas Ash, Izzie Jeffrey and Etchells helped Weston create some good chances. Eventually Taw Valley scored a few more to help them secure the three points and win 7-5.
Weston’s player of the match went to Demi Reading for outstanding play and contribution in midfield.