Ladies lose high-scoring encounter
Weston ladies seconds lost a a high-scoring encounter against Taw Valley
Weston Ladies 2nd XI 5
Taw Valley 2nd XI 7
WESTON seconds travelled to Barnstaple to play Taw Valley after the Christmas break.
Taw scored first after 10 minutes, but Weston soon equalised with a goal from captain Kirsten Warden and took the lead with a goal from Ellie Etchells.
You may also want to watch:
Brilliant defending from Charlotte Gordon, Jenny Purcell, Shelly Parkins and Gill Rylance and saves from goalkeeper Chloe Cowell, made it hard for Taw Valley to equalise, but they eventually made it 2-2 and then scored again to put them a goal ahead.
An excellent strike from Jade Brown and a goal from top goal scorer Kat Brown put Weston back in front. Taw valley came back though, but another goal from Brown put Weston in another good position.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Good work in midfield from Demi Reading, Warden, Jas Ash, Izzie Jeffrey and Etchells helped Weston create some good chances. Eventually Taw Valley scored a few more to help them secure the three points and win 7-5.
Weston’s player of the match went to Demi Reading for outstanding play and contribution in midfield.