Ladies on course for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Weston Squash and Racketball Club ladies B team are still on course for promotion after more victories.
AFTER a long season, Weston ladies first team are on track to win the league with one game to go.
The team took on Bristol Lawn Tennis and Squash Club and consisted of Rhianne O’Donnell, Rosie Bellinger, Emma Lane, Wendy Milnes and Caroline Taylor.
An exciting night of squash saw Rhianne, Emma and Caroline winning their games quickly to seal the win. Rosie and Wendy battled hard, but lost to strong opponents.
With only one game to go, the ladies have a substantial lead over their Bristol and District rivals. In two weeks time, the team will take on Bristol University where the squash season will come to a exciting conclusion.
You may also want to watch:
They also registered a win at Kingsdown, where newcomer Heidi Milner, playing third string, won her debut game 9-1, 9-1, 9-1. The team won three of the five matches scoring 17 points to Kingsdown’s six.
The B team followed this win with another victory over their closest rivals, Bristol Lawn Tennis and Squash Club, winning four matches to one, increasing their lead at the top of Division 2 to 29 points.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
The B team are playing their penultimate game against Redwood Lodge tonight (Thurs) at 7.15. Supporters welcome.