Ladies reach Congresbury final
- Credit: Archant
Lady bowlers won through to the finals of the annual Sportsmen’s Day at Congresbury Bowling Club for the first time.
FOR the first time, lady bowlers won through to the finals of the annual Sportsmen’s Day at Congresbury Bowling Club.
The Pink Ladies, Kate Vincent, Gemma Fisher-Sage, Elizabeth Storey and Margaret Barlow, lost to the Congresbruy Loafers, Phil Boreham, Tony Mortimer, Tony Palmer and John Day, in the final game.
Gill Fraser, of sponsors Robin King estate agents, presented the awards at the close of a fun, family day, which has become a highlight of the village’s social calendar.
Bowling club president Roger Becker thanked a total of 28 teams of novice bowlers for taking part in the competition held at the club in Mill Leg, Congresbury.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the club is invited to call 01934 876578.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village