Ladies reach Congresbury final
- Credit: Archant
Lady bowlers won through to the finals of the annual Sportsmen’s Day at Congresbury Bowling Club for the first time.
FOR the first time, lady bowlers won through to the finals of the annual Sportsmen’s Day at Congresbury Bowling Club.
The Pink Ladies, Kate Vincent, Gemma Fisher-Sage, Elizabeth Storey and Margaret Barlow, lost to the Congresbruy Loafers, Phil Boreham, Tony Mortimer, Tony Palmer and John Day, in the final game.
Gill Fraser, of sponsors Robin King estate agents, presented the awards at the close of a fun, family day, which has become a highlight of the village’s social calendar.
Bowling club president Roger Becker thanked a total of 28 teams of novice bowlers for taking part in the competition held at the club in Mill Leg, Congresbury.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to join the club is invited to call 01934 876578.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course